For coaches, creating an evergreen product which generates consistent sales will help you:
- Reach a wider audience
- Grow your brand
- Earn more profits
So why aren’t more coaches adopting the product creation strategy? Like you, they’re stuck in the process, unsure of the steps to take to create a great product and don’t have time to learn the technical skills needed.
Step 1: Identify a Need
As a coach, you have great insight into the needs and wants of your ideal client. You chat with her on Facebook, answer her email questions, respond to the comments she leaves on your blog, and even work with her one-to-one.
What is it she needs the most help with right now? This is the product you should be creating, because you already know you have a built-in audience.
Step 2: Gather Your Documentation
If you’ve been coaching for more than a few weeks, chances are you already have all of the answers required—all you have to do it organize it. Some places to look for content you can repurpose include:
- Your blog
- Your emails (and autoresponder)
- Your client calls
- Your social media accounts
- Your YouTube channel
- Your personal checklists and worksheets
All of these things (and many more) can be researched, organised and edited into a comprehensive product that solves a serious issue and with the help of your Virtual Assistant can take a lot less time than you think.
Step 3: Create the Solution
Now that you have your content, it’s time to put it together in a way that will make sense to your audience. Will you…
- Write an eBook? This is a great option for solving a very focused, single problem.
- Create a membership site? For a comprehensive, step-by-step course, you can’t beat the flexibility of a membership site.
- Offer a group coaching program? Add personal time with you to your membership site and you’ve got an instant group coaching program. Not only that but you’ve dramatically upped the value (and cost) as well.
Your choice will depend largely on the scope of the solution. Is it a simple answer that can be explained in a few pages or is it a complex issue that requires several weeks of work?
Creating a product doesn’t have to be difficult or time-consuming. Yes, you can design a massive, all-inclusive course if you like, but when you’re just getting started, that’s a daunting prospect. Instead, work with what you already have and we’ll have your first product up and selling in no time.
If you are ready to get started schedule a coffee call with me here.